Pima Prickly Park "Grand Opening" Event
September 22, 2012, 9 AM to 2 PM - 3500 W. River Road (one mile west of La Cholla)
Events to Include:
• Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at 9:00 AM
• Music by Ted Ramirez, 9 to 10:15
• About 20 Exhibits ranging from wildlife and plants to foods
• Build a Cactus Model childrens activity
• Learn basic Botanical Art drawing skills
• How to Plant a small cactus exercise for children
• Rescued Cactus Sale featuring small saguaros under 24 inches tall, 10 AM to noon
• Park overview presentations at 11, Noon, and 1 PM
• Guided Park Tours at 11:15, 12:15 and 1:15 PM
• Free small potted Saguaros to the first 150 Park visitors
• Free Freddy's frozen custard sampling from Noon to 2 PM
• Schedule of Events (view)
• List of Exhibitors (view)
• Park Map showing paths, special plants and animals spotted in the park (view)
• Directions to Pima Prickly Park, click here, use River Road entrance
Pima Prickly Park Updates
• Pima Prickly Park Monthly Updates, Progress and Status Review.
Pima Prickly Park in the News
• Tucson's Haven for Rescued Cacti - Interview with TCSS President Dick Wiedhopf PBS Article and video, Jan 12, 2012.
• Pima Prickly Park Eagle Scout Workday News Release.
• New cactus park in Tucson KGUN Ch 9 - Aug 31, 2011.
• Pima County, non profit partner on new cactus park Tucson Citizen - Aug 12, 2011.
• Pima Prickly Park Under Development AZ Daily Star, Aug 16, 2011.