Last Year - Pima Prickly Park "Grand Opening" Event
September 22, 2012, 9 AM to 2 PM - 3500 W. River Road (one mile west of La Cholla)
Events to Include:
• Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at 9:00 AM
• Music by Ted Ramirez, 9 to 10:15
• About 20 Exhibits ranging from wildlife and plants to foods
• Build a Cactus Model childrens activity
• Learn basic Botanical Art drawing skills
• How to Plant a small cactus exercise for children
• Rescued Cactus Sale featuring small saguaros under 24 inches tall, 10 AM to noon
• Park overview presentations at 11, Noon, and 1 PM
• Guided Park Tours at 11:15, 12:15 and 1:15 PM
• Free small potted Saguaros to the first 150 Park visitors
• Free Freddy's frozen custard sampling from Noon to 2 PM
• Schedule of Events (view)
• List of Exhibitors (view)
• Park Map showing paths, special plants and animals spotted in the park (view)
• Directions to Pima Prickly Park, click here, use River Road entrance
Pima Prickly Park Monthly Committee Meetings
Monthly meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month, 7:00 PM, at the UofA college of pharmacy.
Please email us (park at TucsonCactus dot org) for more information.
We maintain an email distribution list for anyone who would like regular updates and to participate in the design and decisions regarding the park.
Pima Prickly Park Updates
• Pima Prickly Park Monthly Updates, Progress and Status Review.
Pima Prickly Park in the News
• Tucson's Haven for Rescued Cacti - Interview with TCSS President Dick Wiedhopf PBS Article and video, Jan 12, 2012.
• Pima Prickly Park Eagle Scout Workday News Release.
• New cactus park in Tucson KGUN Ch 9 - Aug 31, 2011.
• Pima County, non profit partner on new cactus park Tucson Citizen - Aug 12, 2011.
• Pima Prickly Park Under Development AZ Daily Star, Aug 16, 2011.