To learn more about our cactus rescue program:
- We have Windows Media File movies with details and lots of visuals. These are large files, so only download if you have a broadband connection:
- Chris Monrad, one of our our Cactus Rescue Crew Program founders, had an article on our project published in the Arizona Society of Civil Engineers monthly magazine, The Arizona Civil Engineer. Follow this link to read his Tucson Cactus and Succulent Society article.
- We have a PDF file with details on our efforts.
- Read about the Cactus Gloves we use when we rescue and plant cacti.
- Visit our FAQ page for common questions.
For information about the legal aspects of cactus rescues:
How to get on our Sale Notification EMail List
Send an email to us (Cactus@TucsonCactus.org) and indicate you want to be added to the Sale Notification List. We will notify you as to the type of cacti for sale and location. We no longer maintain wait lists for Ocotillo and Saguaros as we seldom acquire them and have a huge demand for them when we do get them (we usually limit one or two per family)
Please note that we do not ship or take orders for rescued cacti. Contact our Member Nurseries for such services.
How to get on our Cactus Rescue Crew Notification EMail List
TCSS Members who would like to be notified about Cactus Rescues the following weekend, can send an email to us (Cactus@TucsonCactus.org) requesting their email be placed on our Cactus Rescue Crew list.
You must be a paid up TCSS member to be added to the List and to be able to participate on Cactus Rescues.
We have two downloadable PDF publications to help you plant and care for your rescued plants:
How to Plant & Care for Your New Ocotillo
How to Plant & Care for Saguaro, Barrel or Hedgehog Cactus